Great for Grass Seeding, Garden Mulching and Mushroom Medium.
Superior Straw works great to cover freshly seeded ground to prevent erosion and retain moisture which allows seeds to germinate. Mulching with straw when seeding grass or planting gardens also reduces weed pressure.
Straw’s overlapping feature allows it to be used as a strategic cold insulator during the winter. A 2- to 4- inch layer of Superior Straw used as mulch provides an effective barrier from the cold for sensitive tree and shrub roots. Superior Straw’s chopped makeup means it fits easily between tiny plants and seedlings and works great when applied to a vegetable garden. The vegetables have a strong barrier against moisture loss allowing lush foliage and fruiting.
- Covers freshly seeded ground to prevent erosion.
- Reduces weed pressure and helps to prevent birds from eating scattered grass seed.
- Helps retain moisture which reduces watering intervals and allows seeds to germinate.
- Doesn’t require tack as the straw’s chopped make-up allows it to lay close to the soil.
- Spreads easily and evenly and is conveniently bagged for ease in transportation.
- 100% renewable and boidegradable wheat straw.
- Covers up to 500 square feet.
- Inhibits weed germination and growth as weeds are unsightly and steal resources from your garden plants.
- Provides a strong barrier against moisture loss allowing lush foliage and fruiting.
- Moderates soil temperature fluctuations to reduce stress on your plants.
- Keeps plant roots cooler during the hot summer.
- Protects plant roots from winter cold and helps prevent frost-heaving as the soil cools off and heats up.
- Acts as an organic enhancer and greatly improves worm activity for a healthier garden.
- Provides protective layer between fruits/vegetables and soil.
- Fits easily between tiny plants and seedlings and works great when applied to a vegetable garden.
- Makes a great substrate for growing mushrooms because it is both nutritious and easy to break down.